*Aug 2015* Specials will be updated shortly – Standby
What’s On Tap | June 2015
“You asked Frothy Fans, so Voila! I’ve compiled this list by talking to Brewmasters and other sources. Read my tips below each special”
Arbor Brewing Company – MG Road
- Mango Maibock – light bodied and nicely balanced – not to sweet! Bocks are simply German Strong Lagers. Maibocks are lighter, hoppier brews.
- Mango Weiss – Just ok – I’d prefer a Wheat IPA instead.
- Subcontinental Pale Ale – Straw colored, citrusy/floral/hoppy aroma, perfectly hopped at 31 IBU, light to medium bodied with a smooth crispy mouthfeel (5% ABV) – I liked it a lot – going to have me some more of this this weekend.
TIP: Call their number, choose Option 3 on the IVR to hear a list of what is currently on tap.
Toit Brewpub – Indiranagar Area
- Breaking Matt – Wheat IPA – Tapped May 28 – Perfect Marriage of an IPA & Weiss. 3 different Munich malts, 2 types of hops Citra and Chinook dry hopped to give you nice floral/citrusy notes, along with mild fruity notes from the classic Weiss yeast (Banana & Clove), cloudy with an amber/yellowish hue, medium bodied at 5% If you love the Double IPA style and the body of an unfiltered Weiss – this is the brew for you. Having a few more of these this weekend!
Tip: Download their awesome App to find out about the current monthly special. Score points and earn free beer!
The Biere Club – Lavelle Road & 153 Biere Street – Whitefield
- Mango Ale
- Belgian Strong Ale
- Session IPA – Citra Hops infused but with a lighter body in time for the summer heat with a smoother mouthfeel – I like the sound of that!
Tip: Call them for what’s brewing or follow their newly created Instagram page – @thebiereclub
Windmills Craftworks – Whitefield
- *Hopenweizen – Wheat IPA – Very similar flavor profile to the Toit Wheat IPA with similar hops (floral& citrusy) with your classic Bavarian yeast (Banana & Clove). I haven’t tried it yet so can’t comment on the mouthfeel and whether I like it or not but definitely worth checking out.
Tip: Follow their Facebook page or their Instagram feed for updates on new specials.
3 Monkeys Brewpub – Old Madras Road
- Mango Cider
- Dopplebock – 7.9% ABV Once again this just means a Bock that is twice as strong – double or dopple! Excellent.
- Weizenbock – 8.0% ABV – Really smooth and a strong lager with typical weiss character.
- Belgian Blonde
- Scotch Ale – A special Ale using Canadian Maple Syrup from Brewmaster Martin B’s hometown in Quebec, Canada.
Tip: Follow their Facebook page or just make friends with Martin!
Brewsky – JP Nagar
- *Mango Berliner Weiss – yet to try this or go there but assuming this is a mixed wheat and barley brew typically a sour one infused with tangy/sour Mango goodness – sounds refreshing. Worth checking out.
Tip: Follow their Facebook page for monthly specials.
* – Indicates brews I have yet to try but will try to before they disappear!
For More Details on the Brewpubs on this page click here > ——-LINK
Want to Stay Updated? Become a Frothy Fan by:
- Following this Blog – see below
- Following The Tales of Froth Facebook Page
- Come share a few laughs and a pint with me sometime!
Thank you for reading & sharing this. Cheers to all the #frothytimes ahead and Viva La Craft Beer Revolucion!!!