The Craft Beer Weekender At Brewbot
I was just in Gurgaon in June to help co-host Beer Week which had 22 brewpubs participate and the focus was all about Craft Beer, Workshops, Crawls & Socializing. A great way to bring the Beer drinking community together.
Bangalore still has not done anything to bring the Craft Beer community together. Individuals Beer enthusiasts have been conducting workshops and impromptu crawls in the hope of evangelizing the community. We can only hope that the Brewpub owners seriously think about building the community instead of focusing only on revenue and business operations (Owners if you’re reading this, say YES to Beer Week Bangalore).
Mumbai and Pune however have been doing Craft Beer festivals and meet ups for a while now. Mumbai had its first Craft Beer festival in November 2014. Of course Maharashtra has the added advantage that Kegging is allowed by law meaning brewpubs can transport their beers to another brewpub or centralized venue.
If you’re traveling to Mumbai next weekend specifically August 6&7th, you’re in for a real treat! The owners of Brewbot in Andheri West have corralled some of the brewpubs from Mumbai and Pune for a 2 day Craft Beer Weekender. 6 Brewpubs will be bringing their beers meaning you have 20 different beers to sample and that’s not all.
Owners, Brewmasters & Beer Enthusiasts will be on hand to network with as well as a live BBQ counter, several Beer related games & activities including a crowd sourced beer and of course lots of Craft Beer to try out. Tales Of Froth may make a guest appearance – so if you’re lucky, you may just get to meet me and take a selfie!
Participating Craft Breweries:
- Brewbot, Mumbai
- Gateway Brewing Co, Mumbai
- White Owl, Mumbai
- Doolally, Pune
- Effingut Brewerkz, Pune
- Independence Brewing Co, Pune
All of the Craft Breweries listed above have their own signature brews. Here are some of my recommendations:
- Brewbot has an amazing Midwestern Pale Ale – malt and hop forward – very well balanced.
- Gateway have a few new Beers to try – a new Hoppy Pilsner & Cider. I have not yet had a chance to try them but the reports are promising.
- White Owl – their Torpedo American Pale Ale is one for Hop Heads.
- Doolally – One of the best Hefeweizens in town thanks to decoction mashing that gives you a range of flavors from the Hefe yeast – banana, clove, citrus & bubblegum and the proper mouthfeel.
- Effingut – The crafty brewers at Effingut excel at meads, ciders, melomels and if you’re lucky hoppy IPAs. My advice – try everything they have and ask to chug with a guy called Manu M. You won’t be disappointed!
- Independence Brewing – Their no nonsense approach to brewing American style ales means these are the guys you demand hop forward beers from. Don’t forget to make fun of yellow fizzy commercial beers in front of them -you may score some freebies!
Date: August 6&7
Time: 12 Noon to 1:15am
Tickets: Rs 500 (Cover fully redeemable)
Ticket/Registration Link: Click Here
Location: Brewbot, Andheri West
Address: G-01 & 101, Morya Landmark 1, Off New Link Road, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400053
Brewbot Facebook Page – Click Here