Bak Bak Bar To The Rescue
We’ve all been there – marathon sessions that somehow come to a close when the sun comes up. There’s no food left at home or your’e too lazy and inebriated to cook and you wouldn’t mind having a few more pints. What are your options?
- Sleep it off – you could but why would you?
- Go to a breakfast buffet at one of the star hotels. Great idea but it’s nearing the end of the month and you’d rather spend your savings on more Beer!
- Instant noodles at 8am? Ok but you’ve run out of Beer. Now what?
Well, the folks at Bak Bak Bar have a solution. Before we go any further, I’d like you to repeat Bak Bak Bar over and over and over and over (x infinite loop). It’s fun saying it so please make a jingle and tag us when you post it.
Bak , we mean “back” to the topic of Beer & Breakfast – Bak Bak have curated a pocket friendly breakfast menu with several choices and yes they’ll serve you a Beer at 9am! They started this promotion last month and we were invited for a special bloggers table to sample their offerings.
So where do we start, with the Beer selection of course! Craft Beer Snobs, you’ll have to smuggle in your own brews, only bottled commercial Beer in these parts (be forewarned).
Domestic/IMFL Beers are in the range of Rs. 145-225 + Tax. Imports are at 350 + Tax.
Kingfisher Ultra/Ultra Max
Imports (selection varies)
We were happy with a few KF Premium Pints – Frothy Times indeed.
Click on the thumbnails to enlarge
Before you get overwhelmed with the choices, let us break it down for you. You’ve got all your typical quintessential Enlgihs breakfast options to Parsi, Lebanese and a few Indian dishes too that all pair well well with lagers.
Dishes range from 99-349 + taxes – pocket friendly – YES!
Click on each thumbnail to enlarge
Here’s what we sampled:
- Just Say Cheese Omelette– nicely done and the homemade jam was a nice touch.
- Baked Eggs in Cloud – fluffy indeed.
- Akuri – Parsi styled spiced scrambled eggs.
- Shakshuka – Middle Eastern poached eggs in sauce of tomatoes, onions and peppers.
- Surat Eggless Masala Burji – cottage cheese posing as eggs.
- Full English Breakfast – fully loaded – eggs to order,pork sausages, ham, hash browns, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, bread and homemade jam.
- Chilly Cheese/Chicken & Cheese Toast
- Classic/Herb Waffles & Classic Pancakes
- Kuzhi Paniyaram
- Idiyappam with Pandi Curry
- Aloo Paratha
Items in Orange are the dishes we liked the most.
We enjoyed the breakfast session and the pints that gave us fuel for the rest of our lazy Sunday afternoon. The drive to Koramangala was well worth it. We say that to counter something a friend once said – “Bak Bak Bar is F-K F-K Far” – Haha!
Cheers and Stay Frothy!
JJ The Keg & Manish The Ninja
Where: Bak Bak Bar
Near SONY signal, Opposite Oasis Mall, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560034, India
Facebook Page – Click HERE
When: 9am-6pm | Daily
All Images Courtesy: Bak Bak Bar & Tales Of Froth