Mumbai Craft Beer Options
Updated – Q3, 2019
Mumbai’s Craft Beer scene started with the opening of The Barking Deer in 2013 and like Pune has developed quite rapidly with brewpubs, production breweries and taprooms.
It’s an exciting city with an equally exciting Craft Beer scene with plenty of innovation and several Craft Beer festivals throughout the year.
This is just a listing folks. Recommendations will be added in due course.
Operational Brewpubs/Production Breweries/Taprooms
(Click on Hyperlink to be directed to the respective Facebook Page)
- Gateway Brewing Co – Dombivili -Production Brewery
- Bombay Duck Brewing Co – Open- Production Brewery – Mumbai/Pune Highway
- Ninkasi Brewworks – Navi Mumbai – Production Brewery
- White Owl – Lower Parel – Production Brewery Only.
- Thirsty City – Lower Parel – Production Brewery
- Royal Oak Brewery – Navi Mumbai
- The Finch – Powai
- Brewbot Mumbai – Andheri West
- Barrel & Co – Andheri West
- Verbena Brewpub & Sky Garden – Lower Parel
- Intermezze – Brewery & Gastropub – Thane West
- Independence Brewing Co – Andheri West
- Woodside Inn Andheri – Andheri West
- Doolally – Andheri West
- Doolally – Khar
- Drifters Tap Station – BKC
- Gateway Brewing Co Taproom – BKC
- The Irish House – BKC
- Crafters by Ninkasi Taproom – Navi Mumbai
- Toit – Lower Parel
- The Beer Cafe – Multiple Locations
- Woodside Inn Colaba
- Effingut – Colaba
- Doolally – Colaba
- Effingut – Bandra
- Brewbot – Bandra
- Kaitlyn’s Beer Garden -Bandra West
- The Barking Deer – Lower Parel -Brewpub
- Woodside Inn Lower Parel – Taproom
- Drifters Brewing Co – Lower Parel -Taproom
There are also several regular bars/restaurants and a handful of taprooms dotted all over Mumbai that serve draft Craft Beer from the local Craft Breweries highlighted above.
- Mumbai’s Bombay Duck Brewing Co (production brewery) distribute their beers at select outlets. Please check their Facebook page for more details – Click HERE
- Kadak – a new brand being contract brewed at the Finch will soon be available at several outlets. Please check their Facebook page for more details – Click HERE.
- Pune’s Great State Aleworks also distributes their beers at select outlets across Mumbai. Please check their Facebook page for more details – Click HERE
Please contact some of the breweries in the list above and ask them for recommendations. Adding a list of bars, restaurants and taprooms would make this post far too long and to be honest quite boring!
For up to date information about Mumbai, you can ask the Mumbai chapter of the Friends Of Froth Facebook group for assistance. If you discover new spots, please share these on the group and these will be added to the list.
Thank you in advance.
Cheers & Stay Frothy!
JJ The Keg
All Images Courtesy – Tales Of Froth